Do you hide your smile because of embarrassing crooked teeth?
Dr. Trushar Patel is an experienced general and cosmetic dentist that addresses crooked teeth with a range of treatment options in his Westborough, MA office. He will base his recommendations on your oral health needs and cosmetic goals. Crooked teeth are typically seen as an aesthetic issue.
Although, they can also be an underlying cause for dental problems, and have an impact on your long-term dental health. Straightening your smile will not only boost your confidence in your appearance, but it will also improve your oral health. Addressing crooked teeth can reduce the risk for these common concerns:
- Tooth Decay: Crooked teeth can make it difficult to clean all surfaces of the teeth effectively, increasing the incidence of decay and cavities.
- Gum Disease: Similar to tooth decay risks, the inability to clean the teeth and gums can lead to gum disease.
- Bite Problems: Malocclusion is often an underlying cause for bite problems.
- Tooth Damage: When the teeth are not aligned properly, undue forces can be placed on tooth surfaces and lead to chips, cracks, and damage to the teeth.
Straighten Your Smile at Westborough Dental Associates
Dr. Patel is a Westborough clear aligner provider. We can help you achieve a beautiful new smile with the convenience of clear aligners. He offers Sure Smile® for teens and adults who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Sure Smile treatment is often faster, less invasive, and more discreet than traditional braces. In addition, with Sure Smile:
- There are no brackets and wires that grab attention
- You can eat more comfortably
- You can clean your teeth more effectively
Teeth can become crooked regardless of age, but whether as a child or as an adult, straightening them is vital to your continued good oral health. However, as an adult, you may be concerned about how wearing braces will affect your confidence and your daily life. The good news is that, for many patients, Sure Smile clear aligners can make orthodontic treatment significantly easier, more convenient, more comfortable, and more attractive.
Alternatives to Braces
We want all of our patients to enjoy a whole and healthy smile. For patients with minor concerns and no bite problems, we can offer a range of treatments to create a straighter-looking smile. Our team will work with you on an individual basis to meet your aesthetic and dental health needs, and provide lasting results. Treatment options can include:
- Tooth Bonding: Using a composite resin material, we can re-sculpt the shape of your tooth with an economical tooth bonding procedure.
- Dental Crowns: For a single misshapen tooth, we can provide dental crown treatment to transform its appearance and stabilize the bite.
- Porcelain Veneers: Custom-made for your needs, we can place porcelain veneers on one or several teeth to makeover your smile.
Crooked Teeth Treatment FAQs
Discover more about crooked teeth treatment with answers to these commonly asked questions:
Do I HAVE to straighten my crooked teeth?
No, but dentists strongly recommend it. Crooked teeth are known to cause tooth decay and gum disease. Properly aligned teeth are much easier to care for. Crooked teeth create spaces in the mouth that are hard to reach with a toothbrush and floss. Plaque can easily hide in these spaces and that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
I wore braces as a child but my teeth are crooked again! What should I do?
Orthodontic release as an adult is actually common and can happen for a number of reasons. We are a provider of Sure Smile which is a great option to re-align teeth. After your clear aligner treatment, we will recommend a retainer to prevent orthodontic relapse from happening.
Which crooked teeth treatment is best for me?
This depends on what your end goals are. Porcelain veneers can straighten your teeth as well as brighten them for a complete smile makeover. A dental crown can also be used to disguise a crooked tooth. However, these are considered permanent treatments and involve lifelong commitments. Sure Smile can align your teeth using clear aligners over a 6-12 month period. It is a very discreet treatment that is very successful. Dental bonding is also a successful treatment that can be used to make teeth appear straighter. This treatment is very quick and affordable but is not a long-term solution.
Straighten Your Smile Today
To learn more about your treatment options for a straighter, healthier smile schedule an appointment in our Westborough dental office. We welcome new patients of all ages and serve many local areas including Upton, Southborough, and North Grafton, MA. Give us a call at 508.366.0550, or request a dental appointment online today.